Stainless steel fasteners are also called standard parts in the market, which is a general term for a type of mechanical parts used when two or more parts (or components) are fastened and connected into a whole. Stainless steel fasteners include 12 categories:
1. Rivet: It is composed of a rivet shell and a rod, which is used to fasten and connect two plates with through holes to achieve the effect of becoming a whole. This type of connection is called rivet connection, or riveting for short. Riveting is a non-detachable connection, because in order to separate the two connected parts, the rivets on the parts must be broken.
2. Bolt: a type of stainless steel fastener consisting of two parts, a head and a screw (cylinder with external thread), which needs to be matched with a nut to fasten and connect two parts with through holes. This type of connection is called bolt connection. If the nut is unscrewed from the bolt, the two parts can be separated, so the bolt connection is a detachable connection.
3. Stud: There is no head, only a type of stainless steel fastener with threads on both ends. When connecting, one end of it must be screwed into the part with internal threaded hole, the other end must pass through the part with through hole, and then the nut is screwed on, even if the two parts are tightly connected as a whole. This type of connection is called a stud connection, which is also a detachable connection. It is mainly used where one of the connected parts has a large thickness, requires a compact structure, or is not suitable for bolt connection due to frequent disassembly.
4. Nut: with internal threaded hole, the shape is generally flat hexagonal column, there are also flat square column or flat cylinder, with bolts, studs or machine screws, used to fasten the connection of two parts, so that It becomes a whole.
5. Screw: It is also a type of stainless steel fasteners composed of two parts: the head and the screw. According to the purpose, it can be divided into three categories: machine screws, set screws and special purpose screws. Machine screws are mainly used for a tightening connection between a part with a threaded hole and a part with a through hole, without the need for a nut to fit (this type of connection is called a screw connection, which is also a detachable connection; it can also be Cooperate with the nut, used for the fastening connection between two parts with through holes.) The set screw is mainly used to fix the relative position between the two parts. Special purpose screws such as eyebolts are used for lifting parts.
6. Self-tapping screws: similar to machine screws, but the thread on the screw is a special thread for self-tapping screws. It is used to fasten and connect two thin metal components into one piece. Small holes need to be made in the component in advance. Because this kind of screw has high hardness, it can be directly screwed into the hole of the component. Form a responsive internal thread. This type of connection is also a detachable connection. 7. Welding nails: Because of the heterogeneous stainless steel nuts composed of light energy and nail heads (or no nail heads), they are fixedly connected to a part (or component) by welding so as to be connected with other parts.
8. Wood screw: It is also similar to the machine screw, but the thread on the screw is a special wood screw with ribs, which can be directly screwed into the wooden component (or part) to use a metal (or non-metal) with a through hole. The parts are firmly connected to a wooden component. This connection is also a detachable connection.
9. Washer: a type of stainless steel fastener with an oblate ring shape. It is placed between the support surface of bolts, screws or nuts and the surface of the connected parts, which increases the contact surface area of the connected parts, reduces the pressure per unit area and protects the surface of the connected parts from damage; another type of elastic washer, It can also prevent the nut from loosening.
10. Retaining ring: It is installed in the shaft groove or hole groove of the machine and equipment, and plays the role of preventing the parts on the shaft or hole from moving left and right.
11. Pin: Mainly used for parts positioning, and some can also be used for connecting parts, fixing parts, transmitting power or locking other stainless steel standard parts.
12. Assembled parts and connection pairs: Assembled parts refer to a type of stainless steel nuts supplied in combination, such as a combination of machine screws (or bolts, self-supplied screws) and flat washers (or spring washers, lock washers); connection; The secondary refers to a type of stainless steel fasteners supplied by a combination of a certain special bolt, nut and washer, such as the connection of high-strength large hexagonal head bolts for steel structures.
Post time: Jun-18-2021